Copy Chat Conduct Rangana Act Like Gayathri Dias's Funny Moment - Video And Gossips About Gayathri Dias

Copy Chat Conduct Rangana Act Like Gayathri Dias's Funny Moment - Video And Gossips About Gayathri Dias

Question: He seems to be quite apt in working with children as out of his four teledramas two ('Punchi Weerayo' and 'Tikiri Hapannu') are for children.

Gayathri: Yes, of course, he is a person who can get on with children very well. It's a skill a person rarely inherits. Unlike with adults handling a child in front of a camera is a challenge. Channa is a person who has overcome this challenge successfully. He has patience and his kind compassion might have been the secret behind his success.

Deepanath Channa Perera was born as the eldest of four sons of Piyasena Perera who pioneered special education in Sri Lanka. His mother was a teachers' instructress. Channa studied first at Sri Sumangala Boys' School, Panadura and later at Royal College, Colombo. Since his childhood though Channa was pushed into studying, his forte was for singing and acting. The school stage became the most adored place at school for him. Cricket was his favourite sport. With all that he sat for his A/L s in bio-science, and then took over a Banking job. His life at the bank was a most difficult period as it was a subject he never ever liked to handle. And after a period of four years, he was able to escape from it to the cinema. 'Acting and directing' would be the only path ahead for him, he decided.



His very first tele, 'Sujatha' directed by Daya Wimalaweera, telecast in 1989 brought Channa to the limelight. His second tele was 'Golu Hadawatha' directed by Lester James and Sumithra Peris. Both were supporting characters. So far Channa has done more than 100 teles and out of these most were main roles.

Gayathri was born to Ranjith Henry Dias and Eujin Alahpperuma as the second child of their family. Gayathri has an elder brother and a younger sister. "My father worked at the Czechoslovakian Embassy until he retired. Since we were living in many rented places, I had to attend many schools. Methodist College, Samudradevi and Karunaratne Bauddhaloka Maha Vidyalaya were among a few of them," says Gayathri.

"I was in the A/L class when I got an appointment as the Receptionist at the TNL TV. I was just 17 years then. Though I had been quite active in all the extra curricular activities at school, I got the chance to come into the lime light during this period of time. I took part in 'Miss Sri Lanka Contest' in 1992 and won the 'Miss Photogenic' title. In 1994, I was the first 'Sirasa Ru Rajina' (Sirasa Beauty Queen, conducted by Sirasa TV and Sirasa FM)," she recalls.

The New Year teledrama, 'Udaara Geethaya' was Gayathri's first tele. Since then she got main roles of nearly ten teles. "I also took part in a few supporting characters about five films," she says.

Question: What is the most memorable tele role you have done?






Gayathri: There are many. But, K.Wijeratne's 'Nayanamina' became popular. Apart from that 'Makara Vijithaya' directed by Benet Ratnayaka was the most memorable for both of us (smiles).

Both Channa and I did the main roles in it and we became quite close by the time we finished shooting. We had met once earlier at the restaurant at Noris Canal Road which belonged to my father. Channa came there with a set of his tele friends to have meals. I just barged in and talked to him casually. But while at shooting of 'Makara Vijithaya' in Nuwara Eliya and Watawala area we had a lot of time to get to know each other. We became good friends, and he started visiting my place quite often. But, I treated him as a good friend, and actually was a bit shocked when he came out with his proposal. But he was really serious. He had got the consent of his parents even before he asked me.



Question: Did your parents give their consent?

What number of hearts have Marlon Brando and Tom Cruise broken in this way? In the event that you truly tap their hearts, they may mumble one name... Whatever happens a man or a lady encounters genuine love just once in life. In the event that it gets to be effective, then there's nothing to stress. Be that as it may on the off chance that it comes up short, definitely it will unquestionably stay as a scar in your heart.

"Experiencing passionate feelings for an on-screen character is characteristic. Yet to proceed with a marriage with him is the greatest test out of all," says Gayathri Irosha Dias, wife of Channa Perera.

"He is occupied. Furthermore not at all like me he is an individual who can't continue weight excessively as he is amazingly touchy. So he needs flexibility to get on with his work. I've understood this and however much I need to battle I make it a point not to irritate him," grins Gayathri.

A lady is said to be the shadow behind every effective man. Gayathri has yielded her vocation in representing her family life. "It was exclusively my choice. Be that as it may I tune in little parts here and there. In any case my fundamental duty is currently towards my family and my salon," she grins. 'Salon Gayathri' on Pagoda Road, Nugegoda with an enormous bulletin of the twosome - the 'star couple' just before it, is her kingdom which indulges unisex, both grown-ups and kids. "He backs me entire heartedly however he has little time for everything," says Gayathri.

After the period of any semblance of K.a.w.perera, Channa has been one of the few chiefs who has restored the present business film industry with his first course, 'Anjalika', a business film which won numerous grants.

The youngsters' teledrama, 'Punchi Weerayo' which went up to 78 scenes on Rupavahini was his first tele course. After that Channa had done three teledramas including 'Wassanaye Hiru Evidin', 'Sanda Diya Arana' and 'Tikiri Hapannu'. At present he is completely captivated with his second course 'Sanda Diya Salu', a joint wander with Gemini Studio, South India. The primary part would be carried out by Pooja Umashankar, Kerala on-screen character who was acquainted with the Sinhala film screen by Channa in his first hit 'Anjalika'. The joint wander, 'Sanda Diya Salu' will be screened all the while in Sri Lanka and India named in Tamil and Thelingu.

Gayathri: Well, absolutely yes, there wasn't any purpose behind them to reject him. I would not like to lose him. He had a decent name in the business. Also I knew he enjoys me a considerable measure (snickers), so we went on, and got hitched inside a year, on September 26 in 1996.



Question: When did you choose to surrender acting?

Gayathri: Hmm... After we began the issue. I thought if both of us get to be caught up with going out for shooting there won't be a family life. I think I took the right choice.

Question: How is existence with a performer spouse?

Gayathri: I think in the event that you are a wife of an occupied spouse, you need to take up something that keeps you truly possessed. Else you would continue considering him which slowly prompt a condition of suspicion. Furthermore that would be the begin of numerous issues. I for one know cases which have propped up on ridiculous reasons. Why would you like to obliterate your life like that? Which man preferences to go to a wife who pesters him all through? So when he thinks about his home, would he get a charming feeling? It was Channa, who empowered me in taking up excellence society. Also I'm extremely glad I possess two limbs - at Pagoda and Malabe as such.

Question: How would you deal with all your work with your two youngsters?

Gayathri: My eldest girl, Malisha Parindya is nine years and going to Musaeus College. My most youthful little girl, Duasha Adithya is only one and half years old now. In this way, I can't get late at night however much work I have. Channa cherishes our little girls, yet has little time for them as he's truly involved with his work.



Question: How would you manage gossipy tidbits?

Gayathri: Naturally, when your man is a popular gentleman, you have a tendency to hear a great deal of bits of gossip. I don't get befuddled over them as just about all the performing artists who work with him are friendlier with me than they are with him. Regardless of the possibility that I have an issue I know how to handle it without getting upset.

Some bring you gossipy tidbits out of affection, some with disdain and envy and some to have a great time to perceive how we would move as indicated by them. So why would it be advisable for us to get exasperates? (grins).

Anyone might want to take a gander at a wonderful lady. Don't we, actually being ladies turn and look in the event that we see an attractive young lady out and about? You can't prevent your man from taking a gander at her either. Be that as it may that doesn't imply that you are going to lose him for eternity? (laughs).... Tolerance and resistance are the solutions for some issues..